Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fanfiction Review: Comedy

By Fallon Sunstar

Fanfiction is a thrilling and entertaining world for the fan of any movie or book series, and especially for Star Wars fans!! Throughout the years I've found some fantastic works of fanfiction, many of which I'll be reviewing for this site! I'll review stories and take you step by step into the world of fanfiction.


My amazing and very random friend, Bluesaber3 wrote the most hilarious trilogy (she's in the process of writing a fourth story too!) of stories that I have EVER read. This Clone Wars era series has everything from Ahsoka getting hyper on coffee and Anakin having a bizaare obsession with unicorns to Obi-Wan eating too much candy!! Then there's the great crayon vs. corndog war, and Mace Windu trying to woo Aayla Secura. "Check for your pulse" has become an everyday term in my house, and so have many other quotes from Blue's hysterical fanfics.
NotSoNormalWeekOne    NotSoNormalWeekTwo    NotSoNormalWeekThree

Han Solo gets his own holo-documentary in this hilarious and very fun fanfic by GreatOne. How Han Solo Became A Hero is by far one of the funniest and best fanfics I have ever read. I never tire of it. The story includes everyone's favorite Original Trilogy and Expanded Universe characters in an extremely hilarious, musical, setting.

Also by GreatOne....Exchanging Places is another favorite of mine. In this very insane story, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker somehow switch bodies, which leads to disaster and hilarity for our favorite characters!! Find out what happens! (seriously, this is one of my favorites, I am gonna re-read it too.)

JediMara77 and LaneWinree have written an INCREDIBLE collaboration story with about X-Wing Rogue Squadron on an insane mission to a lovely planet called "Plooma". X-Wing Knights of Plooma is a hilarious adventure with Luke and Mara romance and plenty of hilarity. Be warned though, there is quite a bit of awkward sexual tension and even more awkward situations that make this story a hit.

I hope you enjoy, and laugh! Let me know how you like these stories, and if you'd like to see any specific reviews on either stories, or genres!